Hora - Check Shubha Horai Timings Today and Its Benefits
Hora is the duration of one day in Hindu Calendar. In Vedic Astrology, a day starts from Sunrise and prevails until the next Sunrise. And, Shubha Hora is that time period of the day which is considered as highly auspicious. Shubh means auspicious, free from afflictions. It is also called as Shubh Horai. Likewise, there are unfavorable time periods in the Hora which should be avoided. It is easy to check both good and evil times on Astrologycal.com. The below table specifies Today's Shubh as well as bad Horai Timings. Hora is derived from the word Ahoratra( Aho = day, Ratra = night) equals to one complete day.
07:03 - 07:54Venus07:54 - 08:45Mercury08:45 - 09:37Moon09:37 - 10:28Saturn10:28 - 11:19Jupiter11:19 - 12:11Mars12:11 - 13:02Sun13:02 - 13:53Venus13:53 - 14:45Mercury14:45 - 15:36Moon15:36 - 16:27Saturn16:27 - 17:19Jupiter
17:19 - 18:27Mars18:27 - 19:36Sun19:36 - 20:45Venus20:45 - 21:54Mercury21:54 - 23:02Moon23:02 - 24:11Saturn24:11 - 25:20Jupiter25:20 - 26:28Mars26:28 - 27:37Sun27:37 - 28:46Venus28:46 - 29:55Mercury29:55 - 31:03Moon
Types of Hora or Horai Timings
There are 7 Hora types mentioned in Muhurat Texts. There are 24 Hora in one day and 7 Hora types prevail one after the other throughout the day. 7 Horas are based on 7 days of the week.
Below are Horai names and their significance in the order of their occurrence:
- Sun Hora or Surya Horai: This time period is full of energy like Sun. In Vedic Astrology, planet Sun or Surya is considered as a royal King responsible to run the country, feeding its people, etc. So it is the time when you can start any business related to government contracts, political tasks, conduct elections, and even best political leaders are born in this period. This period is more powerful on Sundays and weak on Fridays and Saturdays as Venus and Saturn are considered enemies. This period is very auspicious to wear Ruby or Manik gem ring in the ring finder.
- Venus Hora or Shukra Horai: Shukra is the planet of Love, Fashion, Art, and Entertainment. It is obvious that this period is charged with such energies. You should make use of it to propose your Love, Marriage, Romance, etc. The stone to please Shukra is diamond or its substitute Zircon to be worn in pinky finger. This period is best to wear the ring of a diamond. The first Shukra Horai and quite a potent one prevail on Fridays. It is weak on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Mercury Hora or Bhudh Horai: It is the best time period for learning, sports, preparing a speech, writing and publishing activities. Mercury, the planet of intelligence, speech, a great sculptor, architect and with many more virtues. Its time period is potent to conduct such activities since this period brings out the best artistic qualities from within. Bhudh Horai is the first one on Wednesdays and is powerful on Fridays and Saturdays. Emerald or Panna is the stone of Mercury and this period is best to wear it.
- Moon Hora or Chandra Horai: This time period soft, fertile, full of thoughts and innovation. Moon is a watery planet and dominates the human mind. Chandra Horai should be used for irrigating farmlands, sea travel, underwater sports, and even complex problem solving since this period helps in deep thinking. This period is powerful on Mondays and Thursdays and the first one to prevail on Mondays. The stone to please Moon is Peal also called as Moti. This is the best time to wear it in the pinky finger.
- Saturday Hora or Shani Horai: Saturn is the planet of procrastination, dullness, delaying tasks. Saturn also controls oil, iron, lead, cold areas and fields of oil exploration. Therefore, Shani Horai should be avoided in general but a good period for activities like donations, feeding poor people, staring business of cold storage, etc. The Horai of Shani is more potent on Saturdays and Fridays and less effective on Sundays. Try to avoid this period on Tuesdays. Neelam or Blue sapphire is the stone to please Saturn and a good time to wear its ring in the middle finger.
- Jupiter Hora or Guru Horai: Jupiter is the planet of education, money, progeny, etc. This is the most promising time of the day and could be used to start any kind of work. Guru Horai is blessed with happiness and people prefer to do financial businesses, construction of any kind, offer prayers to almighty, philanthropy, etc. The stone of Jupiter is Yellow Sapphire or Pukharaj and the Hora of Guru is a suitable time to wear it in the index finger. This period is more potent and the first one on Thursdays and weak on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Mars Hora or Mangal Horai: Mars is a brave fighter, full of eternal energy. This period is not preferable to conduct any household activities, business, travel, etc. However, competitions like sports matches and all kinds of mechanical jobs like goods production are most fruitful if done in this period. Horai of Mangal is the first period on Tuesdays and is powerful on Tuesdays, Sundays. It should be avoided on Saturdays. The stone to please Mars is Moonga and should be worn during this period in the ring finger.